Sunday, December 28, 2008

It begins!


Welcome to the first post of our outdoors adventure blog! We created this blog for two reasons. First, we love the outdoors and have been all over Rhode Island and surrounding areas looking for places to go and things to do and this blog serves as a record of the places we've been and the things that we've done. Secondly, in our search for places to have fun in, we found that there were very few websites or blogs that offered personal reviews of sites that exist in our area. We're hoping that we created an easy space for people to use for their own outdoor adventures in the RI area.

The format of this blog is going to be from the perspectives of each of us. We will describe the locations together, but give our own opinions as well as our own individual views of the area; and commentary of each other's idiosyncrasies along the way.

Some of the things that we post will be from the past while we back log former fun adventures. We will keep our posts as "real time" as we can, while adding the past fun filled trips in between.

Tracy's disclaimer: We are certainly NOT experts - not even close. Most of the time, we set out with a pair of jeans and three year old boots, although we did upgrade some of our gear during Christmas this year. I have never even been camping, but I do like to spend time on day hikes. Any information on here is amateur at best, so please be advised that you aren't getting info from anyone that is a reliable source about being a survivor in the woods. The info here is purely for the casual hiker.

Eric's disclaimer: I got new boots! ; )
but my pants are still old. I was a Boy Scout until about the age of eleven, so some of my skills are rusty but I have been camping quite a bit. Also, I spent more time outdoors in my fours years in the Marine Infantry and Security Forces than most people do in their entire lives, but I am no Les Stroud. Hopefully as this blog matures, I hope the dust will get brushed off of my old skills and we can get further and further off the beaten path. The last time we got lost, we just put the sun at our backs and we hiked as straight as we could. Eventually we found the trail.

No comments: